• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong name on speeding ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Saffyer

What is the name of your state? Connecticut

I was driving and did not see the cop until he proceeded to pull me over for speeding. He says he "clocked" me at a certain speed in a 35 mph zone, I don't believe I was going as fast as he says but was probably above the zone. For my first offense ever I was half expecting a warning, but was issued a summonce. The thing is all information seems to be correct with the exception of the name. I have been told that if your name is mispelled you probably don't have a chance of getting off. But this was not a mispell... it is clearly someone else's name, nowhere close to mine in the least. I also didn't like that the carbon copy was written over in pen where the speeds were listed, however they do seem to match what was on the carbon copy. What to do? Please and thank you. :)

seniorjudge

Saffyer said:
What is the name of your state? Connecticut

I was driving and did not see the cop until he proceeded to pull me over for speeding. He says he "clocked" me at a certain speed in a 35 mph zone, I don't believe I was going as fast as he says but was probably above the zone. For my first offense ever I was half expecting a warning, but was issued a summonce. The thing is all information seems to be correct with the exception of the name. I have been told that if your name is mispelled you probably don't have a chance of getting off. But this was not a mispell... it is clearly someone else's name, nowhere close to mine in the least. I also didn't like that the carbon copy was written over in pen where the speeds were listed, however they do seem to match what was on the carbon copy. What to do? Please and thank you. :)
If the other identifiying info was correct (tag number, OPL number, etc.) then you have no case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">