• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong posted speed on citation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Raffy17

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Maryland

I got a speeding ticket in Maryland going 53 in a 35, as noted on the citation. When I double checked the area, the posted speed limit is clearly 40. Is this grounds for pleading innocent as I was not going 53 in a 35?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Maestro64

Will not get the ticket tossed...

But it will allow you to cause doubt and call into question the officer's ability to pay attention to details and being a trained observer since a well trained person would have known the speed limit of the road instead of assuming what it was.

If he did not know the speed limit what else did he do wrong :confused:

efflandt

Where you got stopped is not necessarily where you got clocked. Were you near the edge of a town where the speed may have been increasing. Or sometimes the speed can vary from suburb to suburb.

Is there any difference in fine/points between 13 over and 18 over?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">