• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrong speed limit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

icemomochacha

What is the name of your state? California
Do I get a chance to win my ticket if the police put the wrong speed limit on the cititation.
I was going 62 on a 45 but police put 40.
Please help.

Walter

CdwJava

icemomochacha said:
What is the name of your state? California
Do I get a chance to win my ticket if the police put the wrong speed limit on the cititation.
I was going 62 on a 45 but police put 40.
Please help.

Walter
You won't "win" with that argument, but you can proudly say you were only 17 over the limit instead of 22.

- Carl

icemomochacha

CdwJava said:
You won't "win" with that argument, but you can proudly say you were only 17 over the limit instead of 22.

- Carl
Carl,

Tks for your reply.
Another thing, instead of fight for my ticket in front judge, do I stand a better chance if I write a letter to the court?

Regards,

Walter

CdwJava

Contesting the citation in writing won't do any more good than contesting it in person unless you have some defense to the violation. Without a defense, you at least stand the slim chance the officer won't show in court if you go in person. Plus, you can opt for traffic school if you are eligible.

- Carl

S

seniorjudge

Q: Another thing, instead of fight for my ticket in front judge, do I stand a better chance if I write a letter to the court?

A: You cannot write a letter to the court. If you did, they would ignore it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">