• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrong state on ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shlogoff

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New Jersey

I was driving a car with New York plates in New Jersey. I received two tickets (unregistered and expired insurance), and on both the officer wrote that my car was a New Jersey car. Will this help me?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

I_Got_Banned

I was driving a car with New York plates in New Jersey. I received two tickets (unregistered and expired insurance), and on both the officer wrote that my car was a New Jersey car.
Was this a hand written citation or a printed one? And are you sure the officer's "y" doesn't look ike a "J"?

Anyhow... Knowing how many NJ cars are in NY on a daily basis and assuming they are unable to find your vehicle plate as one being registered in NJ, I would assume they would be smart enough to check NY second...

Will this help me?
Probably not!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">