• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrong violation on ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dasoccerguy07

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? GA, but tickets were from NJ

an officer pulls me over for supposedly tailgating<it was rush hour and the officer even checked the box marked heavy traffic> ,then in addition to that writes me a ticket for" failure to change license/reg over to nj. i an working in nj temporarily while staying with family, but the statue he writes is 39:4:91 failure to yeid to emergency vehicles. this is complete bs how can he write one thing in the description and write the statue for something else, 39:4:91 carries 2 points. what should i do. also would these tickets appear on my ga license, an earlier ticket in nj for speeding, never appeared on my ga license

I_Got_Banned

Does the citation show both, the code section # as "39:4:91" and the description as "failure to yield to emergency vehicle"?

And if so, how long did it take you to pull over after the officer lit you up?

dasoccerguy07

i pulled over immediately, and no it doesnt say 39:4:91 failure to yield to emergency vehicles. it actually says 39:4:91 failure to change license/reg over to nj. i thought these were BS tickets as it was rush hour at the time and even the cop himself checked off the box marked heavy traffic

dasoccerguy07

forgot to mention i havent permanently moved back to nj yet. i moved from nj to ga last yr for a job, but quit my job down there , so im back in nj a few months looking for a decent paying job. i do have a job now but it pays $13hr far less then what i was making, i am staying with family, when the cop pulled me over he mentioned you need to switch to license and reg/insurance to nj, i told him this was only a temp situtation, thats when he gave me the tickets. 39:4:91 and wrote failure to change license/reg to nj. when i looked up the tickets, it said 2 points, but it wasnt for failure to change license/reg to nj, the statute he wrote was for failure to yield to emergency vehicles. . i hope all this helps. any info you can give me would help me alot

menchari

At least for the license issue check on the residency laws. Obviously you were long enough in GA but were you in NJ long enough for that to be required. I believe it is longer than the time you had been in NJ.

dasoccerguy07

my issue is this, he gave me a ticket for something totally different. he wrote failure to change lice/reg to nj, ok thats my fault, but the statute he wrote was for failure to yield to emergency vehicles, thats a2 point ticket, i just think its wrong he gave me that ticket as well as the tailgating ticket, cmon, its rush hour people. why not pull over all the other cars on the road

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">