• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful citation in NC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

megolly

I received a speeding ticket yesterday for 61mph in a 45mph zone in NC. Normally I accept that I was speeding and hire a lawyer to get me the best possible outcome. In this case, however, I was NOT speeding. At least not at the rate this officer said I was. I may have been doing 50mph, but no faster. A co-worker was driving directly behind me and he said we never got over 50 mph. He also said that he would testify that I was not speeding if I would like him to. What are my chances of beating this?

I received a speeding ticket yesterday for 61mph in a 45mph zone in NC. Normally I accept that I was speeding and hire a lawyer to get me the best possible outcome. In this case, however, I was NOT speeding. At least not at the rate this officer said I was. I may have been doing 50mph, but no faster. A co-worker was driving directly behind me and he said we never got over 50 mph. He also said that he would testify that I was not speeding if I would like him to. What are my chances of beating this?

Lucky you, you have a good witness. It would apear that there was a mstake made.
If you handle it right and tell them that the officer made a mistake and bring your witness.
Mistakes happen.
Good luck.

The Occultist

Lucky you, you have a good witness.
I completely disagree. The officer is an expert witness that will produce UNbiased testimony against the OP. The state will argue that this "witness" of the OP will produced a testimony that will be a tad on the biased side.

There are ways of fighting this ticket (more knowledgeable posters should be by soon to share such information), but I don't advise using your witness.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">