• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfully accused what can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jgamado

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Washington state

Driving my son to school this morning I was pulled over. I have a daily routine of leaving my private road and making a left because the traffic flow on the right is terrible. I made a left and then another left onto a back road to avoid traffic. There was a police officer who had already pulled someone over on the road I made a left onto and he stopped writing his ticket to pull me over. He said his reasoning for pulling me over was because I made an illegal right but I told him I had made a left. He argued with me that he had seen me make a right; which was impossible because not only had I made a left but he was writing a ticket at the time to another driver and couldn't have seen me make a thr left turn I made. I showed him my address and explained to him that I had come from the left because that was where I lived and I was dropping my son off to school. He insisted that I made an illegal right and wrote me a ticket. It seems so wrong for a police officer to wrongfully accuse me when I did absolutely nothing wrong and had my 15 year old son as a witness. Is there something I can do to fight this and also do something about being wrongfully accused? Also do police cars have cameras in the back so I could use that as evidence to show I made a left?

FlyingRon

Standard Washington State advice:
1. Request a contested hearing.
2. Request discovery. Post a copy of the ticket and the officer's sworn statement you get through discovery somewhere (blot out your personal info) and tells us where.

Unlikely there is any rear facing camera that will help you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">