• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongfully get 'Speed-Camera Ticket?' Wash. D.C.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MD

Hello:
Three days ago, I was startled by one of speed-cameras in Wash. D.C. which activated two VERY bright orange flashers. It happend during night-driving around 8 p.m.

I was driving within 45 mph(my brand new car with brand new speedo-meter) posted 50 mph limit-zone, however it was apparently tripped by another car/driver who was speeding to pass my slow-moving car. :(

My concern is whether those two very bright orange flashers were one for another driver who was speeding to pass my car, and another one for my car which was within speed-limit, 45 mph. If that's case, I might get 'speeding ticket,' even though I was completely innocent?:confused:

Any suggestions and advices would be truly appreciated.

Thanks,

FlyingRon

I believe it always flashes twice that way it gives a visual confirmation that the vehicle was actually moving that quickly. I'd not worry about it until you actually get a ticket in the mail. Chances are they'll have no problem figuring out which car was the fast mover.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
My brand new speedometer has been 3 mph off since the day I got the car (with 9 miles on the odometer) in May.

ETA: For those that ask, the dealer says that it's "within specs" - sure, when I'm doing 70 it's less than 5% off, but when I'm doing 30 it's 10% off! They just don't want to fix it ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">