• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

yellow light turned red

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

Dark Yellow

What is the name of your state?
maine

stopped at "t" intersection to turn left on green arrow. there was a break in traffic. i looked up to see a very yellow light. the officer gave me a ticket for red light. any suggestions?

Last edited:

M

Mike101

My suggestion would be to look up the law in your state. All of the states that I know of the law says that you can't enter a intersection while a stop light is emitting a steady red light for traffic in defendants direction of travel. Yellow means that it is going to turn red.
If you were not in the intersection. Meaning past that white line and the light turned red your guilty. If you were past that white line and the light turned red then you should be safe.
Check your state's law.

spawn_x

i am probably wrong... but i remember a law about how many cars can make a left once a light has turned yellow/red?

basically refers to situation where you enter the intersection to make a left and are waiting while traffic passes, but even on yellow the traffic moves and once the light turns red you can't simply stay there and block the intersection and have to make a left.

again, am probably wrong, but remember that from somewhere.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">