• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Yet another neon light question (AZ)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Superslimjimmy

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I want to install a green neon light under my car. I asked a cop if they were illegal and he said yes but I've been looking through the laws online and I can't see where it says that they are illegal. Does anyone know if they really are illegal here in Az and if so can tell me which law says so just for peace of mind. I would hate to follow a law that some policeman made up.

racer72

No where below does it say green lights are legal.

28-931. Lamp colors

A. Front clearance lamps and those marker lamps and reflectors mounted on the front or on the side near the front of a vehicle shall display or reflect an amber color.

B. Rear clearance lamps and those marker lamps and reflectors mounted on the rear or on the sides near the rear of a vehicle shall display or reflect a red color.

C. All lighting devices and reflectors mounted on the rear of any vehicle shall display or reflect a red color, except that:

1. The stoplight or other signal device may be red, amber or yellow.

2. The light illuminating the license plate or the light emitted by a backup lamp shall be white.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">