• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Yield to Oncoming Traffic

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

EvanB

I was driving home the other night through downtown Austin, Texas on a two lane street with parallel parking places lining it on my side. There was a car next to one of the parked cars with its Emergency Flashers on stopped in the road. I proceeded to go around the car aware of the fact that their was a policeman behind me. A truck was approaching from the other direction and honked at me. The truck proceeded to slow down and was actually beside my car after I had gone around the stopped car. The occupants of the truck made hand gestures and yelled, and then went on to spin their tires and drive away. The policeman aimed his light at the truck, but continued to follow me and eventaully turned on his lights and gave me a ticket for "Failure to yield to oncoming traffic." How is it determined whether I was supposed to yield or not, and do I have a good case? Thanks for the help.

ALawyer

Your word vs. the cop's. It is a judgment call and the cop's testimony will be given great weight as he is presumably an expert. Sounds as if the cops were following you waiting for you to do something. My sense is they if they were tailing you they were hoping to pull you over and find contraband - like drugs.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">