• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

You have the right to a trial.....But it'll cost you

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

SwedeGuy

What is the name of your state? Ohio
Hi, new user here hoping for a little Input on this.
I recieved a speeding ticket in march. In Aug. I get pulled over in another town, arrested, jailed and charged with DUS-No Insurance. I did have Ins. in March, and also in Aug.,I showed Court upon paying ticket. The court never communicated this to the state,so they suspended my Lic. When I appeared in court for arraignment on the DUS I told my story to the judge, who reccomended that we rescheudle for trail, and if I can show him proof, he will drop DUS charge. Well today I showed up, and he did drop DUS, But when I went to the Clerk's office she told me I'd have to pay an extra $25 for having a trial!. I objected to the clerk to no avail, then I asked to see the Judge I asked him "Do I Have the Right to a tial?" he said, "Yes, But there is an extra fee for having a trial"I could'nt belive this can be true , or Legal. Please can some one explain to me what is up with this?

racer72

It is common for those that request non criminal trial pay for them. Are the taxpayers suppose to pay? As a tax payer, I say why should I pay for someones elses problem. It is perfectly legal and most folks will agree with the concept.

racer72

HHB, I will assume the next time your taxes are raised for the criminal justice system, you will have NOTHING to bitch about.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">