• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

50/50 charity law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

roadkill28371

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina
i have a nonprofit chairty and would like to know if i can have a 50/50 raffle for 30days and at the end of that 30 days have the drawing and winning ticket gets half of the money taken in. also how many 50/50 raffles can i have in 1 year.

FlyingRon

A non-profit recognized by the dept. of revenue as such can have up to two "raffles" a year (provided you're not also doing bingo). A 50/50 qualifies if the 90% of the 50% retained by the charity is used for it's charitable purposes and NONE of it goes to any person running the raffle or to pay the rent on any building. There's also a $10,000 cap on the winnings (for both a single raffle and for the entire year).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">