• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

5÷ months without being paid for a tablet on ebay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CottonmouthKarl

Seattle, WA. I'm not very adept when when it comes understanding how to solve legal problems and any help would be greatly appreciated. I think this is the right topic to post this thread in, but if its not Im so sorry and just let me know so I can move it. Between mid december 2012 and early january 2013, I sold (gave on accident) an Asus google Nexus 7 32gb wifi tablet to an ebay user. $356 was the price. The most frustrating thing about this situation is that the "payment received" button had been checked off, so I shipped the item, found out soon i didnt get paid and I still havent been paid. Im almost sure I didnt accidently push the payment received button myself meaning the complication may have been a technical ebay problem.... a sibling messing around on my account, a hacker of sorts? I did open an unpaid item case that ebay couldnt resolve, they could only give me the seller fees back, they closed the case and told me to file a police report or ask a lawyer. The police cant help because the buyer is out of my state, I spoke to a few attorneys but they had different specialties than online business and couldnt point me in the right direction.. I opened another case on ebay that got closed in 45 days , no luck. My questions are: can a small claims court handle this case or would there be an issue with jurisdiction or time the crime happened? Am I entitled to compensation for the consistent refusal of the buyer to pay in relation to the time I have waited and the backlash of overdrafting my bank account and not being able to pay credit card bills on time. -thanks any advice or a step in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The consequences of your lack of fiscal responsibility is not something you'd be compensated for.

swalsh411

If you needed the money so badly you should have sold on craiglist for cash. Live and learn.

I'm not sure there is a crime here. It's not like you were paid with a bad check. You failed to verify you were actually paid. Small claims is your only recourse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">