• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

accountant - question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

raggedyann

What is the name of your state? ND

I have a new accountant working on some back years, with IRS fees, etc... for me and my business.
when I initially hired this accountant, he specified to mail him 2,000.00 to get the ball rolling, this was the end of Feb., beginning of March. I did that.
Now, I met with him yesterday, and he gave me an update of where things are with the process, and said he would need another 2,000.00 to continue.

I'm wondering if I should be getting some type of receipt or paper showing what my money is going towards, showing what supposed to produce for me, and showing what the 1st $2,000.00 took care of. Then, show me what the next $2,000.00 is going to do, etc.

what do you think? is there something I should be getting from this accountant? how long should I keep paying $2,000.00/month ?
just confused on what to do or ask. thanks for anyone's help/suggestions.

PS I have stopped sending him payments and now I hear nothing from him. what do you think I should say to him? it's very frustrating.

tranquility

Have you asked for an itemized statement yet?

We can play guessing games all day long about what might happen. But I'll play just this once. If you ask for an itemized statement and he says he doesn't give them, tell him you will need to speak to the state board of accountancy to see if they can get one for you. If he does anything but make an effort to get you some type of statement, go to the board and ask for their help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">