• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Accounts Receivable Manager

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aflo936

What is the name of your state? North Carolina
I have excepted a position as an Accounts Payable Manager with an internet company. My responsibilty is to receive checks into my bank account and Western Union the funds to someone in Spain. I must send all proceeds of checks sent to me in my name minus 15% of the check and the transaction fee. Is this legal or am I being asked to do something illegle. Also,am I liable if the person does not receive the product that they purchased over the internet from the internet company.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

aflo936 said:
What is the name of your state? North Carolina
I have excepted a position as an Accounts Payable Manager with an internet company. My responsibilty is to receive checks into my bank account and Western Union the funds to someone in Spain. I must send all proceeds of checks sent to me in my name minus 15% of the check and the transaction fee. Is this legal or am I being asked to do something illegle. Also,am I liable if the person does not receive the product that they purchased over the internet from the internet company.

My response:

There's a sucker (for an Internet scam) born every day.

IAAL

rmet4nzkx

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

There's a sucker (for an Internet scam) born every day.

IAAL
It's a different twist though.

IAAL, tell me, am I reading this right? OP stated "I have excepted a position" that means they didn't take the job, but I thnk they meant "accepted" ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">