• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

karendove

We purchased a swimming pool around July 25 of this year. We were told that we had to put $20.00 and sign the agreement before they could send someone out to survey our yard. We did this. They came out and installed the pool first. In the agreement it states that the pool has to be paid in full before installation, which it was not. It also states that the pool place will send out their service manager to inspect within 48 hours after installation which did not happen. They have contractors install them. After about 2 weeks the pool place called and wanted to know why we had not paid. I told them because we were not happy with the installation and were waiting for their service manager. The pool place sent their manager and the contractor out to our house. We showed them where there were rocks and stones under the liner in the bottom and also a lot of scratches on the top rales. We also informed them that the contractor put the pool up, put the hose in to fill and left. When we turned on the filter pump it was not even screwed down and could of flew up and hit someone. The contractor got pretty nasty with me and my husband and finally said he would peel back the liner and remove the stones and rocks. When I questioned him on replacing the liner since that is what is supposed to be done any time you remove the linser he said no it did not have to be replaced. They left and the owner called a couple of days later and asked if we were coming out to pay for the pool and I told him about the contactor and such and he agreed to replace the liner and the rales that were messed up. My question is do we have to pay for the installation? I have no problems with paying for the pool but i do not feel we should pay the contractor for all the trouble he caused us. What is our legal stand?(if any) Please e-mail back as soon as possible. My address is [email protected].
Thank you very much
karen

ALawyer

Sorry, you owe money, and the pool company will put a mechanic's lien on your home if you do not pay. The "aggravation" was relatively minor, and does not give you the right to get a free pool. But you can try to negotiate a discount and/or report it to the better business bureau and if the business was a member, use the BBB processes to resolve the dispute.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">