• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Appeal of Judgement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TexD

What is the name of your state? TX
How long to appeal final judgement?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Texas

In 1998, when oil was $12/bbl., my corporation exited the O&G business. One of our creditors sued us over an $8,000 balance. The corporation, myself (as well as my wife and 75 yr. old mother who had nothing to do w/the corporation). I communicated w/their lawyer about trying to sell some minerals, but never formally answered to the court. This a.m. (7 yrs. later) I recevied in the mail a first request to collect judgement. I learned that a final judgement was ordered in Feb. 2002. The request to the court to collect had aka for my name since they discovered they had used incorrect spelling on the lawsuit. Is that permissible? My wife and mother's names are correct.

Any advice? The 2002 order indicated it would be $5,000 to appeal. Also their lawyer added $5,500 for his efforts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">