• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

auto auction lies

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

k sue

My husband and i drove across state to buy a car. they tried to get us over there to buy the day before the auction to purchase a jeep
cherokee for $10,500 plus there other fees. It was a sound, taken care of, rig we were told. We were deceived on there 100% return policy if the jeep has problems we get all our money back. It has problems we were told
if we bought the exstended warrenty we can
sell it to the new owners. They were told we wanted to become auto dealers they said we did not need a license that would cost us 100,000 thousands of dollars??? I said no it wont, he was insistant. Anyway the jeep needed fixing they would not take the jeep back on there 100% return. They did not say the jeep had been wrecked. THe warrenty did not cover a dime. The attorney general
has been called several times, no reply .
the vehical dealer investigater said I have to prove the jeep was wrecked so he will investigate. No one will talk to the machanic or body shop for proof. The owner of the auction house said he will not take the jeep back unless the motor falls out and hangs the phone up on me.....We want him to pay us our money we've put into the jeep and take it back. The license took 62 days to get it.
It has been paid off and no registration, they said maybe we'll get it in november.
Lots of vialations. what to do now??????
We live in Washington state. Are we stuck?
Why don't we get help from the state at least an answer? The moneys growing. why did the auction house be so rude and not business like. I guess there reputation is not important.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

You take it to independent mechanics, take it to your insurance company, etc with a lawyer you hire and go from there. There is something called fraud here. Your attorney will bring a private suit. If the state or D.A. won't touch it, it is not because they don't care, it is probably because they are swamped. No excuse, but sometimes, stuff happens.

Try attorneypages.com or call your state bar association. One more thing, try the better business bureau in your county. They actually may be able to help you more quickly and cheaper.

K

k sue

Thank you so much for answering. I feel some releif already. Now I will contact the BBB
first thing and let you know. K

K

k sue

I have talked to the auction owner. I asked him several questions. One of which he talked around isn't it true that there is a big fin
of 11,000 dollars if the license plate is not isued to the new owner in 45 days or less. it took 62 days to get it . ??

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">