• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Auto Repair Nightmare

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mcavitt

I have had my 1997 mercury tracer sent to the repair shop. When I first had it taken in it was for it dying as I was going to turn I couldn't get it started. I had it towed to a garage, where it proceeded to start as usual. I asked if it had water in it because of it feeling hot. I was told by them yes it has water in it. I then drove it about 10-15 minutes and it completely shut-down. I had it towed back to the same place and left it there. When he called me he said that the radiator was completely dry. And that all the water had blown out of my tailpipe due to a warped head. He sent it off to be pressure tested. It passed and he replaced it on the car with new gaskets and the such. Before I went to pick it up he said they had test drove it and it ran like new. When I got down to the garage I could not get it to start. They then told me I would have to drive it for a few days to "reseal" the gaskets. I told them it isn't right, (the car). So he said they will take a look at it again now he has called me and said the rings have collapsed and it would be an additional 1000 to 1200 dollars more than the already 1100 bill. ( I think I have been overcharged and that I am having unnecessary work done) What rights do I have. What can I do?
M. Cavitt
Cleveland, TN

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">