• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

automatic dialers

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lcw45

What is the name of your state? maryland
i am trying to start a small home based business. my customer base would come from the lost and found sections in national publications. i am planning to purchase an automatic dialer to call approximately 50- 100 people a week to offer my product. this is not telemarketing in the normal way because i am targeting a specific group of people who have placed there phone numbers in newspapers to be contacted. my product can assist these people.
my question is: is it illegal to contact these people with the new donot call list. i will have an option on my recording to place the person on the do not call list, however we will call these people only one time. if this is illegal or questionable what adjustments can be made and what are the potential legal implications.

G

gotocourt

lcw45: Before you start using the autodialer check out the following information found at the FCC website:

http://www.fcc.gov/eb/tcd/tsol.html

Each of the citation letters issued by the FCC has references to the federal statutes. Be sure to review them carefully.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">