• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

babysitting

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brave

What is the name of your state? ohio
1) WHAT KIND OF DOCUMENT DO I NEED MY PARENTS TO SIGN WHEN, A CHILD IS AT MY HOME AND GETS HURT. WHAT CAN WE DO TO PROTECT OURSELVES. IS THEIR A SITE
WE CAN GO TO AND PRINT OUT A DOCUMET.

2) DO YOU HAVE TO MAKE YOUR PARENTS CLAIM TAXES.

3) SHOULD WE HAVE A INSURANCE CLAIM ON THIS BUSINESS.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH What is the name of your state? OHIO

enricosuave263

Non-liability release form..

Let me start by saying I am not an attorney, but I will share with you what I do know.

As a minor, under the age of 18, should anyone get sued it would be your parents and not you directly. Not only because they are your guardians but because what lawyer is going to sue a self-employed teenager instead of wage-earning adults? (they always go to the 'deepest pockets')

Second, while I know of no "non-liability release" that I could give you here.. what you could do is ask your parents to visit a local workout gym or babysitting company in town under the guise of "looking into babysitting care" and have them ask for a liability waiver because they'd like to review it first.

Now you can use that as a basic 'draft' to create your own (simpler) 'liability-release' form that covers the same basic situations and limitations to the service you are providing.

As a final thought, even with a liability release form signed by the parents, as a minor you are not able to make a legally binding contract (that I know of) and so it may be your parents that would have to sign along as your representatives. Also, having this signature is not going to prevent parents from at least "attempting" to sue you for civil damages if their baby ends up drinking the bleach or drowning in the toilet under your watch. But it may, in court, help your case rather than if you didn't have anything in writing for a defense attorney to work with.

Geez, whatever happened to the good old days I hear about when you could just earn some extra cash without a legal team? When did an accident suddenly become an 'accident' that includes liability? :confused:

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">