• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad Business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dpr

I was to be Partner in this New Business. I was to manage and operate the business. My partner was to be SILENT and ONLY financier as long as it took to repay her $10350 + 50% profit. It was bought on 07/03/2003 and on that day I released all cooks and waitresses letting them know their services would know longer be needed after this day. Doors opened 07/07/2003.
On 07/06/2003 the verbal contract between myself, partner,and seller (as to the agreement above) was breeched. Partner rehired a cook that was a problem employee. Told me I was only a worker and that it was her diner alone. I had already hired a new staff having to let two of them go (because partner didn't like them). After two weeks of working the business I was fired for trying to take over the business. Also, my wife (hostess), son(dishwasher nights), and daughter (cooks helper, and back-up) were fired at the same time.
The seller was outraged she expressed to me that I was gifted the remaining value of the cafe (25-30k). For my dedication and service. Also stated that she would not have sold it to anybody else at this price, and not to give up. The problem here is I've depleted my funds building this place up. I did consult an attorney (advice from Home Guru, Thanks) and she told me my verbal is binding. If I wanted anymore information there would be a fee. This was to vauge for me. Where else can I go for help. I can't afford to pay a thousands. Is there Gov help?
e name of your state? TEXAS

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">