• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad Checks from Company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yhuang7

I have a small company in Texas that sells oil pump equipments, I have been doing business with another company in Oklahoma for years and recently they have been delaying on payments and giving me hot checks. Because we have been doing business for so long, I was very lenient with their payments (i.e., giving them extra month or so to pay) and now they owe me approximately about $70,000. I understand that seeking a lawyer is one option, but it is also very time consuming and costly, I have paid a lawyer to write them notice letters and etc to resolve this matter, but it doesn't seem like they are being very corporative. Anyone could give me any idea on how else this may be solved? Thank you in advance

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I have a small company in Texas that sells oil pump equipments, I have been doing business with another company in Oklahoma for years and recently they have been delaying on payments and giving me hot checks. Because we have been doing business for so long, I was very lenient with their payments (i.e., giving them extra month or so to pay) and now they owe me approximately about $70,000. I understand that seeking a lawyer is one option, but it is also very time consuming and costly, I have paid a lawyer to write them notice letters and etc to resolve this matter, but it doesn't seem like they are being very corporative. Anyone could give me any idea on how else this may be solved? Thank you in advance
You could try hiring a professional collection agency...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">