• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bad fence company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jjoan

We contracted with a fence co. in n.j. To move fence closer to property line and replace [ ABOUT 30 picket and 8 posts,and add 2 sections.] The installers came 5 wks later moved the fence but did not replace any posts. I noticed when they had approx 6 more to replace. The forman spoke little english. He showed me the work order which said the same as above[] They preceeded to replace the rest of the posts closest to the woods. They cut out 3 pickets Took my gate off closest to the woods filled the holes with dirt and put rocks, wood, and concrete chunks on top. The gate was left in the middle of our yard along with the posts they randomly choose to replace. I called the fence co several times . The sales man came out 3 days later. He agreed it was a mess [I took dated pictures.] He assured me it would be fixed. He also kept saying if I read the contract we do not replace cracked wood. I read the contract It stated [liability for warping of wood fenceing is exclusive of labor and limited to replacement of pickets and posts] I knew that The contract does not breakdown the cost. The estimate was for labor + 2 add sections, 1,300. to move ABOUT 13 post and replace About 8 defective post and 30 pickets. ABOUT was used and the fence co wer disputing the salesman's language. They replaced 15 pickets after 2 weeks.
Only 6 post were replaced on the first day. no additional. After the sales man came on the 3rd DAY after installation He promise clean up and restitution verbally. Another crew came 5 days later to reacess the job. They counted an additional 10 posts to be replaced and whatever pickets no # because the post were all so cracked. they were three still missing. They also agreed it was a mess and promised completion by the weekend. I called saturday and was told I could not speak to the salesman because the showroom was crowded uuggg!! Monday I spoke with the salesman I told him we had to clean up our yard and he could consider the deposit $450 payment infull unless this job was completed. The next 2 days one of the guys from the 2nd crew replaced 15 pickets. I was called this AM and told the job was completed to their satisfaction. the pickets were not cut properly. only 15 Most of my posts are cracked but no additional were replaced The guy put the hardware on the gate wrong. I took 30+ pics and called the better business bureau. Do have a chance I'm so upset over this. I was a repeat customer They just lied to me.

[This message has been edited by jjoan (edited July 14, 2000).]

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Let this be a lesson to you. Always get specifics, always work with someone who understands you completely and get EVERYTHING IN WRITING.

Now, you will most certainly have a chance with the better business bureau. I hope you kept written records of your correspondence with these people -- i.e. all those phone calls, promises and conversations.

I think once this company realizes how powerful and brooding the BBB can be (and that they may possibly go out of business) I think you will get what you want.

Hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">