• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad Lawn Service

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

robbie2328

We live in North Carolina and about a year ago, hired a lawn. The contract stated he would cut the lawn a minimum of 40 weeks, plus fertilize, weed, etc. on an ongoing basis. The agreement was to pay him $125 a month for this service. All was fine until the fall when we noticed his service really slacked up - we were lucky if he was cutting the lawn once a month. This spring, my husband and I decided we needed to break the contract for lack of service and we notified him in writing. A couple weeks prior to that he did some pinestrawing and billed us $825. Being that we had been paying the $125 for 5 months and not getting what was agreed to in the contract, we told him we would pay him for the cost of the pinestraw, about $400, but because of the negligence over the past months we were not willing to pay the balance. Today he told me he was at the magistrates office and was going to put a lien against our home. Question, can he do this and what does it mean? What recourse do I have, if any? Thanks for the advise.

Robbie

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">