• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

bank discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

truejustice

I am co owner of a charter business in Alaska. My husband and I took out a loan for a charter boat. We later separated. My husband, now ex, then took out a loan for 257,000. paid off the remaining 110,000. owed on our joint loan and put the rest in a private account. The bank says i am responsible for the new loan yet refuses to supply me with the complete and exact copy of this new loan. I have seen copies of selected pages of the loan that had my name typed out where a signature should be signed above, but all signatures were blacked out. I NEVER signed for this new loan. I feel there are some extremely shady deals going down. The bank that handled my loan is refusing to give me copies of the statements regarding this loan. I was told it would be too expensive, I offered to pay. I was then told it would be too time consuming. A judge ruled it was not his place to order disclosure of these records because they are mine and i have access to them. The bank is still refusing.

The bank now says they will remove my name from the loan if i sign over everything to my ex i.e. boat used as collateral and whatever else and not hold them liable for any wrong doing.
I wrote them back stating i will not sign away anything without first seeing the loan that is in question.

What rights do i have to force my own bank to disclose this information??? My male business partner has all the information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">