• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bank made error and took my money

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

fuji426

I am from Wisconsin. My bank tried to deposit someone else's check into my account by mistake. They redeposited it and charged me fees for each transaction. The check kept being returned and my bank took the amount of the check out of my account-even though it was not payable to me. The bank even sent me the actual check back which I took in to prove this wasn't mine. Everyone I've spoken to at the bank admits it's the bank's error, they'll cover any NSF fees, etc., but so far the money has not been returned to me. I have incurred numerous fees, overdrafts, was forced to use credit cards for payments rather than write checks and I'm at my wit's end. This began in May and the only reason I haven't been more agressive in this matter is that I am an employee of this bank as well. I am wondering if this is worth attempting a lawsuit and would appreciate any information you can give me. Thank you.

T

Tracey

Obviously the bank is not going to listen to you. Hire an attorney to write them a nasty letter threatening to report them to the bank examiners or whoever regulates banks.

------------------
This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws. [email protected] - please include some facts so I know who you are!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">