• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

becoming a freelance web designer and developer in MS

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

exactprecisions

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mississippi

What process would I have to go through in order to successfully be able to run a freelance service online? I have heard various terms here and there but just nothing truly specific so I actually do not know where to start. I would appreciate any help and thank you.

racer72

Get a job in the business. Learn all you can. Take a few small business classes at a local college. Learn how to develop a workable business plan. When you have learned all you need to know, start your business.

Mass_Shyster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Mississippi

What process would I have to go through in order to successfully be able to run a freelance service online? I have heard various terms here and there but just nothing truly specific so I actually do not know where to start. I would appreciate any help and thank you.
That is really too broad of a subject for an advice forum. There have been hundreds of books written on the subject.

The three basic steps are
  • Find Customers
  • Perform Services
  • Get Paid

FlyingRon

Further many community colleges or adult ed sections of the public schools have how to start a business courses. Your local government probably has some sort of small business assistance as well. Check the phone book and do some googling.

If you want to be in the industry, being a little proactive about finding stuff would certainly be required.

As for legal issues, if you operate under your own name, that's all you typically need to do. If you want to operate under a name that's not yours, you generally need to go to the courthouse and register a "dba" or "ficticious name". Of course, then there's taxes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">