• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Becoming part of a charity foundation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AlexS123

Hello,

I am new on this forum and I hope this is the right place where to post. I'm writing to you since I have a problem which I don't know how to approach, therefore you can give me guide while there is still time.

Last period I started to give a bit of my work for a future charity foundation (worked with someone). This someone told me he is doing the charity foundation legal, and later he comes he already choose people and there was not me, so I got pissed and went away. He did it in USA and said he needs 3 USA people and 2 foreigners to make it (is this right). So we didn't talked for some period.

Now, after that period, he says he wants to get me involved too in the foundation on papers and invited me to continue the work. But, I need to know some answers now.

If I become a part of the organization, means that I'll be also a founder of it? Or does it depends on the role I will have? He says he it thinking of a more important role, to not be left out if it grows.
Or only he is the founder, and other 4 people are just members. I'm curious what a founder role means in a charity (all these 5 people, or only a chosen one)... is this just an extra attribution gave to the roles?

Sorry with too many question, but the idea is that if I am going to be part of it, I want to be known as a founder also, since I contributed from the beginning. And I'm not willing to contribute, until it is not ok even with the papers, so what kind of role should I look for?

The charity foundation is concerned with building a school in Africa.

Thank you for your answers! Pretty young for this stuff and very confused what to do now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">