• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bernard Haldane - Paying for Recruiting.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nsnd

My father-in-law has be tricked into using his American Express to pay a company for recruiting. Bernard Haldane is the company. When they told me I searched the web and found tons of bad reports. I heard in Texas that they had three days before they could cancel anything like this. What can they do?

------------------
Nathan Stanford
ColdFusion Tips Plus Free e-ZINE
http://www.nsnd.com/cftips

JETX

This '3-day rule' is sure popping up a lot lately, and it seems clear that NO on understands it. IT ONLY APPLIES TO 'IN YOUR HOME' SALES!!! It does NOT apply if the customer is not IN his/her home when the contract is signed.

As for your specifics, you will need to get some FACTS together (not internet innuendo) showing how your father was mislead or deceived. Then WITH THE FACTS, you have some pretty substantial legal help in Texas. In my opinion, we have one of the best consumer protection statutes in the country. It is the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act (DTPA) which outlines a long list of disallowed sales tactics, and you can get TREBLE damages upon successful argument. The only things you need are: 1) actual violations; and 2) send the merchant a letter detailing the violations and giving him 30 days to correct the violations.
A copy of the TDTPA can be found at: http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/cgi-bin/cqcgi?CQ_SESSION_KEY=SKOQCGXCMLQV&CQ_QUERY_HANDLE=123990&CQ_CUR_DOCUMENT=5&CQ_TLO_DOC_TEXT=YES
(Subchapter E, Section 17.46)

------------------
Steve Halket
Judgment Recovery of Houston
[email protected]
-----------------------
This is my PERSONAL OPINION and is not legal advice! Consult your local attorney for your specific situation and laws!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">