• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Best Non-Profit or Business Structure for "Personal" Ministry

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nimiety

NEW YORK STATE

Hello,

I am an ordained Minister curently traveling about teaching and preaching and providing conference and seminar speaking on ocassion. I have a small number of 3 people who make up my ministry support team.

I am beginning to consider becoming "non-profit 501 c(3)" for the tax and other non-profit advantages. Looking to purchase property in which my ministry can operate; perhaps invest in some income-property as an addtional support to the ministry; and provide ministry books and media to expand the ministry and further support it.

I am concerned however, about retaining ownership and soverign authority over the ministry as "I" am my ministry in the sense as if I were a motivational speaker without for-profit mission and thus wanted the benefits of such. What would you recommend for ministry business structure? DBA, 501c9(3), etc. State: NYS.

Thank you very much for your suggestion(s).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">