• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Beyond what to do:

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rumads

What is the name of your state?Minnesota

hello for the past five months my company which I am 60% owner of and other partner 40% has been going through a change and a form of bitter partnership divorce.
I am in the process of trying to take over the business, but the other partner will not sign the paperwork nor will he come up with an amount to pay him. Says he is going to buy me out, but its been five months and no money. What are some things that I can do as 60% owner to get him out. I thought about having shareholders meeting to vote on a few of his duties...like signing checks. making decisions, and use my 6000 votes to my advantage, but he still needs to sign the resolution. It has really gotten to the point where he acts like he's the 60% owner. Need some suggestions. Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">