• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Blind Drop Shipping

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ansarac

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
California

The terms of this business license, for a home resale office, say that no merchandise is to be stored at this physical location, I do not personally process money, no customers are allowed on the premises, there is no manufacturing, and no signage, whatsoever, is to be displayed.

There is no need for an independent website.

Must I be formally certified, in order to be a personal shopper, or to collect a finders fee, or how might this arrangement be worded, technically, to avoid liability.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
California

The terms of this business license, for a home resale office, say that no merchandise is to be stored at this physical location, I do not personally process money, no customers are allowed on the premises, there is no manufacturing, and no signage, whatsoever, is to be displayed.

There is no need for an independent website.

Must I be formally certified, in order to be a personal shopper, or to collect a finders fee, or how might this arrangement be worded, technically, to avoid liability.
Certified by who? What arrangement? Avoid liability for what?

FlyingRon

Let me guess what you're talking about. You're going to run a site where you talk to someone and get them to place an order which is handled by some other company that drop ships the item (possibly making it appear to come from you, but that's immaterial).

It sounds very much that you have a California sales tax nexus, and you will need to optain a seller's permit with the BOE and collect and remit sales taxes on all tangible goods sales (or services that result in the creation of such goods) to residents of the state.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">