• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Boat registration gone bad

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Pat22z

Hello,

I reside in Annapolis MD, and purchased a new boat from a dealer in South Carolina. I financed the boat with a finance company used frequently by the dealer. The finance company is located in Florida. This finance company had another company handle the registration for my boat. This company is also located in Fla. I sent a check to the company for the tax and registration prior to the closing, which occurred in March. The compnay failed to pay the excise tax on the boat within 30 days of the day of sale. I had to pay a penalty and interest to the state when i went to pick up my registration.($210.00) I certainly feel I'm owed this from the registration company. My question is. If I can't get it from them and want to sue for it. Where would I have to make a claim or go to court. Here or in Florida?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">