• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bought franchise, franchisor didn't give me earnings...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

Azbok

Hi

I live in NY. The franchisor is in FL. For many months I haven't received the earnings I generated.

Is this a simple breach of contract or is he stealing my money? (It says in the contract I am due to receive earnings monthly)

Thanks!

HomeGuru

Azbok said:
Hi

I live in NY. The franchisor is in FL. For many months I haven't received the earnings I generated.

Is this a simple breach of contract or is he stealing my money? (It says in the contract I am due to receive earnings monthly)

Thanks!
**A: in a general franchise, the franchisee generates the monies and pays the franchisor royaly fees. Explain your set-up.

A

Azbok

I have a weird setup. Its an internet service franchise where the franchisor entirely handles the billing. All customers who order a service for my location actually pay the franchisor thru his merchant account. Then the franchisor in turn is supposed to pay me the revenues less the expenses and fees.

The problem is that I see ZERO money and the franchisor in this situation has all the money and doesn't give me what is due. There's alot more to this story but this is the most fundamental part.

O

_oh! behaave_

I wish I could help you, we are in the middle of getting rid of a racist bigot lawyer who runs this site.

Good luck to you though.

HomeGuru

Azbok said:
I have a weird setup. Its an internet service franchise where the franchisor entirely handles the billing. All customers who order a service for my location actually pay the franchisor thru his merchant account. Then the franchisor in turn is supposed to pay me the revenues less the expenses and fees.

The problem is that I see ZERO money and the franchisor in this situation has all the money and doesn't give me what is due. There's alot more to this story but this is the most fundamental part.
**A: As Steely Dan says, it's a royal scam.

O

_oh! behaave_

HomeGuru said:
**A: As Steely Dan says, it's a royal scam.
Thank You HG, you are definetly one of the more pleasent ones on here, sorry for posting , yet again, at the same time.

HomeGuru

_oh! behaave_ said:
Thank You HG, you are definetly one of the more pleasent ones on here, sorry for posting , yet again, at the same time.

**A: your spelling is terrible.

Last edited:
A

Azbok

So I assume that in order to be a real franchise, then the franchisee MUST be able to get earnings directly? Otherwise it wouldn't be considered a franchise?

Thanks

J

jandjinter

I think you should go after this company. you have a contract which you say states you should receive money from them. the only problem is if this company is crooked they can cook the books and say they couldn't pay you because they didn't receive any money from customers in your location. good luck

A

Azbok

jandjinter said:
I think you should go after this company. you have a contract which you say states you should receive money from them. the only problem is if this company is crooked they can cook the books and say they couldn't pay you because they didn't receive any money from customers in your location. good luck
Ya, I totally am going after him. It turns out he screwed another franchise in the same way. There's already 2 lawsuits pending... I'm just trying to find out bits of law info so I know whats going on.

Thanks for the info.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">