• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

breach of agency contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

scubapilot

I had an agency agreement with a large multinational co., which I terminated at the end of June due to a conflict of interest. The other party sent me a certified letter confirming the dissolution and indictated that I would receive commissions on sales accepted through Sept. When I did not receive my June check I caled and was told by the general manager that he was mad that I left and wasn't going to pay me, actually saying "what are you going to do - sue me?"!
He is in Illinois, I am incorporated in Delaware, and the contract is governed by Pa. law (where their corporate hq is).

In what state must I file my suit?

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by scubapilot:
I had an agency agreement with a large multinational co., which I terminated at the end of June due to a conflict of interest. The other party sent me a certified letter confirming the dissolution and indictated that I would receive commissions on sales accepted through Sept. When I did not receive my June check I caled and was told by the general manager that he was mad that I left and wasn't going to pay me, actually saying "what are you going to do - sue me?"!
He is in Illinois, I am incorporated in Delaware, and the contract is governed by Pa. law (where their corporate hq is).

In what state must I file my suit?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

PA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">