• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Broken iphone

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

fryday

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY
Is that legal to buy some broken iphones, then send it back to apple to fix and sell?

justalayman

your statement in itself is legal. In fact the warranty or apple care plus is transferrable so a warranty repair would be fine as well.

Obviously there is something you think is illegal so how about explaining things a bit more along with what and why you think this might be illegal.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
'contact apple' is not answering my question.
It certainly is answering your question. Since yours is not a legal question, you will need to contact Apple to see if you will be restricted based upon the number of iPhones you turn in.

fryday

so can i get in trouble if i just keep sending iphone to fix until they find out? or they just stop helping me to repair and send back to me?

FlyingRon

You might want to reconsider your business model. Apple only gives a year warranty (possibly extended an additional year if the buyer paid for it). Apple service out of warranty is slow and expensive.
So once you buy a phone, pay apple $$$ to fix it, and find someone who wants to buy a used iPhone (probably a couple of years out of date and possibly so old it won't run the latest iOS and apps), I don't see much profit.
It would be better if you could be selective about buying phones that you could fix (replacing cracked screens is relatively straightforward).

But this is not a legal issue. Apple is free to do decline to repair phones from you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">