• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Business being sold out from under me.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctownsend

Tennesse -

Well not really, but I have a bit of an issue and I'm not exactly sure where to post it on this forum. I own an ecommerce/direct sales company that started about 5 months ago. I've managed to grow it steadily for the past few months, but it is still in a very fragile stage.

About a month ago a competing company closed its doors due to fraud and stole a lot of money from it's independent contractors by not shipping products. This has hurt my industry as a whole and is causing some consumers to be leary of doing business with my company.

Today it was brought to my attention that someone post that my company was posted for sale on namepros.com and craigslist. Obviously, this isn't the case and they have no legal way to sell my company, but it is causing my current customers to question my businesses stability along with anyone else that may be looking to do business with my company.

I have contacted namepros.com in an attempt to find out who the individual was that posted the business for sale, but I believe it's going to be much harder to obtain this information by a simple request.

Should I take some form of legal action? What steps are recommended?

Thanks in advance,

Chris Townsend

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">