• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Business Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ailuj

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?MA

Hi,

I along with four other artisans each rent space for our studios. We share space on a floor of a commercial building. We call the studios something like "XYZ Artists' Studios" because we also sell the items we each make in a retail space located in the front of our space.

We have all agreed that we would like to obtain business insurance for our individual businesses. We contacted an insurance agent and asked if we can get group insurance because we are sharing space. The agent told us that he could provide all of us with one policy by naming each of us on the policy as "doing business as 'XYZ Artists' Studios'".

I wonder if this is legal since "XYZ Artists' Studios" is not a legal entity. It was never registered and none of us have the desire to register it because we are each individual artisans who use our own legal names or legal business names to conduct our business.

Please let me know if what the insurance agent wants to do is legal. Your assistance in this matter is greatly appreciated. :)

Regards,

Julia

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">