• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

business not willing to pay for snow removal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hawk01

I have a business that I do snow removal for, I am licensed and insured in Colorado, They are not paying their bill. As an option if they refuse to pay to have the snow removed do I have the right to put the snow back in the parkinglot?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I have a business that I do snow removal for, I am licensed and insured in Colorado, They are not paying their bill. As an option if they refuse to pay to have the snow removed do I have the right to put the snow back in the parkinglot?
No - but you can sue the bad guys in small claims court.

tranquility

No. Put it out of your mind. Don't even let it cross paths with your brain again. Not only could you be sued for the damages, but also you could be committing a crime.

HomeGuru

You can also refuse to continue working for them. Or have them pay in advance. Don't let them give you a snow job.

HomeGuru

Yeah. Maybe the OP could build a bunch of snowmen with frown faces in the parking lot instead of plowing.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I'm wondering what true business-person has time for such childish things

hawk01

sorry I guess I'm just a little bitter, a snowman's pretty harmless though, it's not like I'd put the carrot and 2 eye's down low in an inappropriate location.

Just Blue

sorry I guess I'm just a little bitter, a snowman's pretty harmless though, it's not like I'd put the carrot and 2 eye's down low in an inappropriate location.
Yeah I guess you are a "little bitter". Try acting like a mature business owner. K??:rolleyes:

tranquility

That would be awesome! Perhaps you then get a trespassing charge, vandalism, disorderly conduct (for the obscene display[Sorry, I misread. You're not doing that.]) or any of a number of crimes. Then, you have the trespassing, intentional interference with business relations and perhaps a few others to be sued upon. I wonder if the government agency who licenses you and your insurance company would be interested in your collections method.

But, way awesome.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">