• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Business Partner Problems -- PLEASE HELP!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jonelle

I started an internet business with a partner about 1 year ago. I suggested that we build a portal based on her great domain name. She had been using the name for her own business and I told her that I thought she could put together a great portal using that name.

We decided to go into business together since I had experience in that arena. All was going well until last month. All of a sudden, for no reason, she is not returning my phone calls or emails. She did email once telling me that she was too busy to work on the site because of her regular job. Our business is a side job for both of us. I left her several messages and emails asking her why she couldn't spare just a few minutes to talk, but no reply, even though I am clearly upset. I asked her to please be forthcoming about the reasons for not getting back to me. I didn't put pressure on her to work on the site, only to contact me for making some simple decisions.

We have formed an LLC and it is in the name of the website (minus the .com at the end). We have a business checking account. Now, the bad news... she never transferred the domain name into the LLC, even though she told me that she would.

Since she is not returning my calls or contacting me, I don't know what to think or do. Can she sell the domain name or drop the business with no recourse?

Please help? How do I get her to respond to me.

Thanks for your help.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">