• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Business Partnership gone bad...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Macshat

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? New York

I started a business 3 years ago with my partner. We have a 60/40% ownership. I am the 40%.

My partner and my relationship has become extremely acrimonious.

My partner and I have discussed her buying me out. Our business is service-based. We have very little debt, no assets but we do make a healthy profit. I have requested all the financials and also our documents (we are an S-corp, not publicly traded). It has been months since I requested these materials and have not received anything.

I took a leave over the holidays to deal with some personal, non-business related health problems and when I returned I found myself locked out of all of the business's email accounts.

There was some very personal material in there and I feel very violated. I understand that these accounts would be fair game to an employee, but to an owner?

I have many questions about what my rights are in this case and cannot afford an attorney. Any advice would be greatly, greatly appreciated.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">