• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

business relationship between a non-profit and a for profit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shoulderhigh

CA

I'd like to pursue a business relationship between a non-profit and a for profit. I'd like to know if its even legal before I pursue the matter too far.

I'd like to set a non-profit up as a distributor of a product. They would ear a 10% commission on the sale of each product which would be 100% donated to the non-profit as a charitable contribution. In fact the organization is already doing this as they sell water bottles and t-shirts with their name on it.

I'm not an employee of this foundation but I have given to it in the past and my motivation for proposing this relationship is transparently two-fold.

1.) I'd like to continue to help raise money for the organization 2.) two because the nature of the company I'm proposing the business relationship with allows for me to earn a commission to on the sale of the product.

How do I figure out if this is a viable option and how do I explore all the avenues possible?

Thanks,

Chris Baldwin
[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">