• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Buy Sell Agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tacylovelace

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WI
I started a business 4 yrs ago. We did not have a Buy-Sell Agreement. In the past year I have used my credit cards to purchase new equipment totally over $30,000. My partner would like to buy me out. We verbally discussed figures. Last week she presented me with a buy out. Out of the purchase price I am to take 20,000 of the debt. I had said a purchase price and the debt separate. I have tested the job market and can not find a job that pays what I am making here. That would be a financial hardship. Do I have to sign it since it is not what we agreed to? Can I tell her I do not wish to be bought out at this time and would like to wait until the job market is better?

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WI
I started a business 4 yrs ago. We did not have a Buy-Sell Agreement. In the past year I have used my credit cards to purchase new equipment totally over $30,000. My partner would like to buy me out. We verbally discussed figures. Last week she presented me with a buy out. Out of the purchase price I am to take 20,000 of the debt. I had said a purchase price and the debt separate. I have tested the job market and can not find a job that pays what I am making here. That would be a financial hardship. Do I have to sign it since it is not what we agreed to? Can I tell her I do not wish to be bought out at this time and would like to wait until the job market is better?
You are not required to allow your partner to buy you out.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">