• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I display this on my website?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nvest

Hello. Can I display the name of a competitor and their price(s) on my website? I know that I can display a link but I am not particularly interested in providing a link from my website to that of a competitors. I am asking because I have a small list that compares the the prices of 3 major competitors to my fees presented on my website and one of the competitors is aggressive about getting their name removed.

ALawyer

This is one that you need your own lawyer to answer -- a general answer misses the subtlety on which these cases turn. Also, even if you legally could do so in general, and they sued you, either in a mistaken belief they are right or in bad faith, you'd have to defend yourself and that is very costly -- especially if you missed the subtle and crucial issues and failed to respect their trademarks, etc.

------------------
This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">