• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I take her to court?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mgjaimie

What is the name of your state? TX
My ex romantically involved partner and I started a day spa business together. We had verbally agreed that it will be for the both of us. 8 months into the business, we broke up, I moved home to CA, she continued to run the business, and I trusted that once everything falls into places, she would compensate me for my time (labor), contribution (finance), and effort (operation and management) in starting the business with her, due to the fact that I never did receive any profit or paid for my employment the whole time that I was there. The business now has appreciate and is very profitable, according to common friends we had, who are still working at the shop. I had tried desperately to ask for my compensation, and was denied flat out. I only want what I think I deserve. I have evidence to prove for my involvements and contributions in every aspect of the business while I was there. Please advise me on what action to take for my name is no longer on the paper, but it was at one point.What is the name of your state?

racer72

What does your separation contract state you will receive in compensation? Also, what makes you think you are entitled to anything the business made after you left? Legally, you are not entitled to any of the apprecitation the business generated unless you have something in writing stating you are to receive any future profits.

mgjaimie

I basically just want to be compensated for the time that I was working there, the finance I contributed to get the business going in the first place, which I do have proof for. I don't care to claim anything that is not rightfully mine. I didn't share the profit or gotten paid at all the whole time, and I can prove my employment status there because she claimed me as her employee for last year tax without my consent. If you still think I am not entitle to any compensation, then justice doesn't exist.

ironnmmaiden

mgjaimie,

If she does not owe you more than $5K, maybe you should just forget it. Use the energy to build your future business. Just be careful about the people you get emotionally involved with and make sure the next person you fall in love with will be good to you. You probably have found him but you are still not with him yet.

JustAPal00

I basically just want to be compensated for the time that I was working there, the finance I contributed to get the business going in the first place, which I do have proof for. I don't care to claim anything that is not rightfully mine. I didn't share the profit or gotten paid at all the whole time, and I can prove my employment status there because she claimed me as her employee for last year tax without my consent. If you still think I am not entitle to any compensation, then justice doesn't exist.
Are you saying she claimed that she paid you but did't?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">