• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can a layman )not a Doctor own a Medical Corporation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

partner

I proposed a business to a Doctor. He agreed to start it and be partners 50/50 . But he said that since I am not a Doctor I can not own a part or be partner or Officer in a Medical Corporation and because of that he should appear as sole owner. He incorporated the Medical Corporation and I do not appear in any paper. He put the money but I do all the work and use my own tecnology and know how. Can I own a part of the business ? What can I do to secure 50% of the growing Clinic. We do cosmetic surgical procedures. Please advice.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

I know lawyers cannot do what you want to do. But maybe it may be different with doctors?
http://www.ama-assn.org/physlegl/legal/busmgmt.htm

Legal Issues for Physicians
Business and Management Issues

Health care today has become big business and very complicated for the majority of physicians. To survive in today's health-care system, the physician must not only be a well-trained clinician but also must possess some business acumen and skills to keep afloat. Though this section cannot provide a physician with such skills, it does offer general legal information about the business side of medical practice. Armed with this general knowledge, a physician should feel well-prepared to ask for further information and advice from qualified attorneys and/or other professional consultants. If you need a referral to a qualified attorney, contact the AMA Solutions ConsultingLink/Doctors Advisory Network, a national network of pre-screened health care consultants and attorneys. When you reach the AMA Solutions homepage, go to "PracticeLink", then to "ConsultingLink", and then choose "Doctors Advisory Network Attorneys."

Model Managed Care Health Services Agreement
(requires Adobe Acrobat Reader)
The AMA unveiled its revised Model Managed Care Contract during the 2000 Annual Meeting. The model was designed as an educational tool to help individual physicians understand the contracts they are signing and to help them negotiate with health plans and insurers. The AMA Model Managed Care Contract highlights some of the following issues: medical necessity, late payment, all products provisions, silent PPOs, and downcoding and bundling.

Professional Liability Insurance

National Practitioner Data Bank

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">