• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can an LLC or Partnership deduct startup cost of Business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

deadseasquirrel

What is the name of your state? New York

I think I read that a corporation can deduct all the startup costs invovled even before the corporation was incorporated (meaning the incorporation fee, and whatever other fee that the starter incurred). But I am not sure if a Partnership or an LLC can do the same. Can I deduct the cost of starting a Partnership or an LLC, even before it has been created -- so namely the filing costs. I remember reading that I can not deduct any costs in my taxes until after the business entity has been created. Of course I can delay most costs until after the business entity is created, but not the filing cost for one. Thanks for the information in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">