• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Canada to US Business Law (Business In Ohio)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trybexus

My question is threefold. I have a business partner in the US that currently owns an LLC in Ohio. I am going to be a partner and we are going to re-register the business in both our names. However I currently live in Canada and am a Canadian citizen.

First - What do I need in place to ensure he can’t just up and take off on me (and that I’m entitled to half of the profits).

Second - what do I need to do in regards to filing taxes (do I have to pay money to the IRS and the CRA?, if so where can I find information on that.)

Third – Do I get to claim things against my taxes in Canada as business expenses for the business that’s in the states?

Any direction, information or anything at all would be great. Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">